The Council is elected by the annual Assembly of representatives of Estonian Organisations in Australia (held in late December or early January), and meets monthly (or as required)
The Council resides in turn in Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide.
The current council resides in Melbourne and has been active from January 2018
The aims of the Council are:
- to coordinate activities of the Estonian community organisations in Australia in their pursuit of the preservation and advancement of Estonian culture and heritage; and
- to act as a centre for distribution of information and aid to the community organisations.
- AESL Committee 2018
- Chairman - Lembit Marder
- Vice-Chairman - Reta Jurgenson
- Treasurer - Regiina Rohan
- Secretary - Sirje Jögi
- Fund Raising Coordinator - Currently Vacant, please express interest
- Cultural Affairs Coordinator - Bernadette Pilli
- Minutes Secretary - Currently Vacant, please express interest
42A Warleigh Grove
Brighton VIC 3186